miércoles, 29 de julio de 2009

Home Atlast

Hola a todos!

I arrived in San Francisco airport yesterday around 6:00 pm, safe and sound. It is surreal to be back, for my return home had always felt distant and abstract. After returning, one´s native land can offer as many surprises as the previously visited country. This realization is simply one facet of re-immersion. After I ponder over this, I should have more to say, and I hope to share with those of you in California in the coming weeks.

In the meantime, enjoy pictures from my last two weeks of travel. I made it to two strikingly different parts of the country: la Gran Sabana (link) and Coro (link). The former lies in the extreme southeast and the latter in the west.

Finally, thank you to all who followed my blog and sent me comments over the last ten months. I felt many benefits of producing the blog, for it allowed me to reflect, marvel and –occasionally– vent my observations and comments about my life in Venezuela. Writing it all down in regular articles provided more coherence to my dynamic set of experiences, which in itself lacked coherence and reason more often than not. I hope that I have made that apparent through my entries, and I hope that you have enjoyed reading my blog as much as I have enjoyed writing it.

Un abrazo,
Jeremy

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario